Monday 30 October 2017

Fading light and speaking shadows
Birds-a-chirping as day becomes darkness
See, watch as colour eludes grass on empty meadows
This darkest of roads I walk alone
Not sure where it leads or what lies ahead
This path to navigate, I wish I know
Tired and weary, I pray for a bed
Of life, of love, nothing is certainIs this right, is this wrong?
Am I blind, am I dumb?
Yes, the road before me is long
And my feet, this fear has made numb
They say ‘Life’s in black or white’
But here I stand in grey
Torn between the dark and light
I pray an end to this fray
Do I go on, do I return from where I came?
This dilemma of mine, my mind is overwhelm
Its the beast in me I must have to tame
‘Cos my indecision holds me bound in this realm
What shall I do?
What shall I do?
Surely of life, of love nothing is certain
By: Nnamdi Ogbuagu

No comments:

Post a Comment