Wednesday 4 October 2017

By Hauwa Mustapha

From Maimu to Maimoon, by Maimuna..... When I leave this place; I want the streets to echo my name, I want the walls to be smeared with my scent, The birds chirping my name, The pavement I walked, I want it to remember my melodious footsteps, And the classrooms to remember me for my greatness. I want to leave a landmark on each and every place I visit. I want a map to be made in my name; of places i have been to. I want a piece of me to be spred across every inch and corner of this world. And the books I’ve touched-i want them to have traces of me all over them. When I do leave this place; I’d love to see the world a little bit better, A little bit more beautiful; maybe even with flowers. I hope that when I do leave; I hope to have fulfilled my goals. I hope to have made the world a little bit better than it is. I hope to have saved as much of humanity as I could. I’ve lived and I’m glad I did. I’ve loved so hard it hurt, and I don’t regret it. The only moments worthy of regret are moments spent in sin. So today, I say kudos to my parents. today, I say kudos to the soldiers and police out there risking their lives for me. I hope that one day I’ll get to pay back the favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment